Multi-Grain Bread: Bread Machine Recipe

Fresh Baked Bread from the Breadmaker

Upon removing the first loaf from the bread machine, I thought, why is it shaped like that? It wasn't anything like the typical loaf of sliced bread you purchase from the supermarket, the perfectly rectangular block with no dents or grooves. But, I have to say I have grown to love my breads quirky appearance.

Just look at those sweet cheeks! I just want to pinch them!

When I buy or make breads, I prefer multi-grain versus white breads for sandwiches. I used an 8-grain cereal, as that is what I had on hand, but you may use the 12-grain version too. This simple recipe is great for sandwiches as it turns out light and fluffy.

...

Multi-Grain Bread: Bread Machine Recipe
makes 1 large loaf

1- 1/3 cup warm water
2 tbsp oil

2-1/3 cup white flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup 8-grain cereal
2 tbsp brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp yeast

Place the warm water and oil into the bread pan. Put the rest of the dry ingredients in order.

Place the bread pan into the machine. Choose the basic bread or whole grain, if you have it, setting. Remove from pan and let cool on rack.

Recipe adapted from: Multi-Grain Loaf, Canadian Bread Machine Baking

Share:

0 comments