Chocolate Peanut Cookies

Chocolate Peanut Cookies_1

It often happens that I will have an ingredient in abundance in my pantry that leads me to scout out different recipes. This time it was raw peanuts. I was cleaning out my freezer and noticed a big bag of them.

I love cookies and I do like to try something a bit different at times and I felt that these fit the bill. Chocolate cookie with peanuts. Reminiscent of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup though? Well, not quite. I think next time I'll make a peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips in it, if I want to get closer to that nostalgic feeling.

Otherwise, I quite liked this cookie. Like I said, it's different. My hubby said it could of been sweeter, but I liked it just the way it is.

...

Chocolate Peanut Cookies
makes about 24 cookies

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup unsalted raw peanuts

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and mix.

Sift together, in a separate bowl, the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well blended.

Add the flour mixture to the butter/egg mixture. Mix until combined. Fold in the peanuts.

Drop by the tablespoonfuls onto baking pans lined with parchment paper.

Bake at 350F for 15-16 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

Recipe adapted from: peanut cookies, donna hay modern classics 2

Share:

0 comments