Parsnip Chips

Parsnip Chips

I remember years ago, we had watched an Alton Brown episode on the Food Network, where he made some parsnip chips.

Fast forward, we finally got around to it :)

Except for the small size of the chips, I couldn't tell if they were parsnips or potatoes, in regards to taste. I suppose that because they are so thinly-sliced, and deep-fried, it all mellows out.

One thing for sure, I had no problem telling my children to eat their parsnips. hehe.

I can't blame them. Salty, fried goodness... Could you resist?

...

As an aside, I'm pretty happy with this shot. I did it with my flash, as there was no sunlight around. Big step for me and I think it turned out well!

...

Parsnip Chips

Parnips
Salt of your choice
Vegetable Oil for frying

Wash parsnips and dry them. You may peel them if you prefer.

Slice the parnsips, using a mandolin or food processor, as thin as you can. Place them on a paper towel to wick up any moisture.

Heat the oil, around 375F, in a deep pan or deep fryer. Fry the parnsip slices until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Remove onto a cooling rack or paper towel.

Lightly season with salt. Serve.

Share:

1 comments