Cinnamon Rolls

cinnamon rolls

When I think of comfort foods, I often think of foods with cinnamon.

I absolutely love cinnamon and there was one winter where I was adding cinnamon to something everyday. My cereal, oatmeal, coffee, toast, you name it. The aroma of it makes me instantly feel warm inside and puts a smile on my face. Comforting for sure.

I've been eating a cinnamon roll for breakfast everyday this week. I feel so spoiled. There are so very good. The bun encased with sweetened cinnamon and raisins.

Oh, look at that... coffee break time! I may just have to have another.

...

Cinnamon Rolls
makes 15 rolls

4 to 4.5 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 pkgs (8 grams each) quick rise instant yeast
1-1/4 tsp salt

1/2 butter
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs

1 cup sugar
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1.5 tsp raisins

1/4 cup butter, melted


Combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, yeast and salt into a bowl.

In a saucepan, warm butter, water and milk until about 120F (50C). Then, stir into the above dry ingredients.

Add eggs and left over flour. Knead for about 5 minutes until the dough is soft and elastic. Put back into bowl, cover, and let rest in a draft-free area, for about 10 minutes.

In a small bowl, mix together sugar, cinnamon and raisins. Set aside.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle, roughly 2 feet by 1 foot. Brush the dough with melted butter. Sprinkle the cinnamon-raisin mixture over the dough.

Start to roll up the dough into a long jellyroll. Pinch all seams well, to prevent uncurling during baking. Cut the roll into 15 pieces and place onto a greased baking pan.

Cover and let rise for about 1 hour.

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Remove cinnamon rolls from baking pan onto wire racks immediately and let cool.

Store rolls in a airtight container to prevent drying.

Recipe adapted from: Cinnamon Rolls, Fleishman's Yeast Best-Ever Breads Recipe Book.

Share:

3 comments