shepherd's pie with chicken and mushrooms

shephard's pie

You know, I would have never EVER thought that my furnace would turn on in JUNE. Yeah, JUNE! It's been a chillier week here so it's a perfect time for something like a shephard's pie.

I tend to make shepherd's pie when I have leftover mashed potatoes. What I like about it is that you can make up any mixture you choose for the filling. I often use a bunch of vegetables I want to use up from my fridge or in this case, some leftover chicken breast and mushrooms that were nearing their end.

shephard's pie diptych

I'd say that Shephard's pie is definitely one of those comfort foods, especially for those cold June spring days :)

shepherd's pie with chicken and mushrooms
makes 4 servings
1 onion, diced into small pieces
5-6 medium size white mushrooms, diced into small pieces
1 cooked chicken breast, diced into small pieces
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup chicken broth

2 cups of mashed potatoes

Place some oil in a pan and saute the onions and mushrooms. Add chicken and blend together for a minute or two.

Add chicken broth and warm mixture up. Add more if needed or cook off if too much broth was used.

Distribute the mixture into 4 ramekins equally. Top with mashed potatoes.

Heat the oven to 375F. Place the ramekins onto a cookie sheet and put into the middle rack of the oven. Cook for about 20-30 mintues.

Share:

4 comments