chocolate lollipops

chocolate lollipops


When I was planning my daughter's birthday, I was really not in the mood for making numerous loot bags. I've grown disdain for loot bags the last year and I have decided to forever nix them. I still wanted to offer a little something for each child as a thank you but I really didn't want more dollar store crap littering my home.  I like to make things instead because I find it more special and personal.

So, I came up with making chocolate lollipops. I have never tried them before but I came across  Wilton's princess candy molds at my local craft store and I thought it was an interesting idea. They had bags of chocolate melts in all shades of colors and I figured I would try it out.

I decided on solid pink chocolate, goes great with the princess theme! (I only have the castle and carriage shown above - the princess chocolates were all eaten up!)  You can make the extra effort to color each chocolate with different colors as shown in the above link, painting the different colored chocolates with a brush into the mold, but that was more work than I was interested in doing.

These were very easy but a little time consuming as I only bought one mold and had many lollipops to make.  All you have to do is melt the chocolate in a double boiler, pour it into the molds, swirl in a lollipop stick and place it in the fridge to cool.  They then pop out easily.  I wrapped each lollipop and added a ribbon.  Easy peasy and the kids all loved them.  AND I saved myself from the anger of stepping on loot bag junk littered all over my house.  Double bonus.

Share:

6 comments