sun-dried tomato salad dressing

sun-dried tomato salad dressing


My need for salad cycles. Sometimes, I'm not very interested and other times, it's like I'm craving it. I know, very weird, who the heck craves salad? But, I find that if we have been eating out a lot, I have a strong urge for something healthy and fresh tasting and that's when salad comes in. Makes sense, no?

But salad gets boring rather quickly when you don't have different dressings. I prefer to make my own and usually it's a quick balsamic dressing but sometimes I spice it up. Also, this recipe caught my eye because I have a bunch of sun-dried tomatoes kicking around. The original recipe asks for sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil but I used the dry ones. I'm sure the oil packed ones are more tastier but this dressing turned out very tasty too.

...

sun-dried tomato salad dressing
makes about 1 cup

1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
pinch of salt
1/3 cup olive oil

Put together all ingredients except for olive oil. Mix well.  

While whisking constantly, drizzle in oil.

Refrigerate & keep up to one week.

Recipe adapted from: Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette, Canadian Living Market Fresh Special Issue magazine, Summer 2008.

Share:

5 comments