crepes suzette with nutella filling

crepes suzette

This week we celebrated my birthday and I woke up to this!!  Crepes suzette, with nutella inside each crepe. Chocolate and oranges go so well together. You'll find the recipe after the jump.

We also went out to dinner to the The Lingnan. I was craving some "crack chicken". You know what that is if you actually eat out at  Chicken for Lunch or watch the Family Restauraunt: The Quons on the Food Network channel. Unfortunately, I completely forgot to take pictures of the food. I was so hungry when it came, I just dug in. I'm lucky I got leftovers too.  Instead, I leave you pictures of the funny looking fish in their aquarium, me and the kiddos were mesmerized by them...  


(a pregnant teenager fish with acne problems and well, ET... call home...)
aquarium fishies at the lingnan

Then I came home to some yummy dessert and a rendition of Happy Birthday that would definitely be considered a "pass" on American Idol auditions, but I loved it.   The Safeway label on the dessert container said "Mocambo single serve dessert". Mocambo must mean decadent chocolate heaven because that's what it was.  Yummy and rich.


mocambo single serve dessert

I'm spoiled rotten. Feels good to be me :) 

Have a good weekend!

...


crepes suzette

crepes recipe:

3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon sugar
Pinch salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon melted, unsalted butter*
1 1/2 cups milk

In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Add the eggs and melted butter and stir until smooth. Add the milk and mix well.

Heat a nonstick pan, melt 1 tsp butter over moderate heat. Pour in 2 or 3 tablespoons of batter. Cook the crepe until it is golden brown on the bottom; then flip it, using a spatula. Remove when golden brown on both sides. Continue until all the batter is used up

we use margarine most of the time and it turns out just as well, shhhh, don't tell wolfgang :)

wolfgang puck recipe


orange sauce:
serves 2

75 ml/2.5fl oz orange juice & pulp (from 1-2 medium oranges)
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp Grand Marnier or some orange brandy
25g/1oz unsalted butter

nutella, to fill crepes

Combine the first 3 ingredients. Then melt the butter in the frying pan and pour in the sauce to warm up. Put the first crepe in the pan to warm up and slide onto the plate. Continue with 3 other crepes. Fill crepes with desired amount of nutella and pour the remaining sauce over the crepes. Garnish with sliced oranges and serve.

Share:

1 comments